- 23.07.2019 Exhibition GIFA/THERMPROCESS in Dusseldorf
- 19.06.2019 Continuous Furnaces for Heat Treatment under Hydrogen
- 17.04.2019 Change of the Management Board
- 21.01.2019 New Catalog “Additive Manufacturing”
- 06.07.2018 ACHEMA in Frankfurt am Main a Complete Success - New Products Presented
- 03.01.2017 Rotary Tube Furnace for Heat Treatment of Powders and Granules in Hydrogen Atmosphere
- 19.10.2016 Substitution of Aluminum Silicate Wool Products in the Furnace Industry
- 27.07.2016 Heat Treatment in Additive Manufacturing
- 05.11.2015 Successful Exhibition CERAMITEC (Munich); Introduction of New Product Ranges
- 26.08.2015 New Generation of 3000 °C Laboratory Furnaces
New Generation of 3000 °C Laboratory Furnaces
Batteries and accumulators have become increasingly important and have spread into new application fields by performance gains in recent years. Current and future battery technologies place high demands on materials used and their purity.
One current measure to improve battery performance is the reduction of crystal defects in high-purity graphite. For this purpose graphite is heat treated at high temperatures in the absence of oxygen. During this graphitization process, the more or less disordered structure is converted into an ordered hexagonal lattice structure. The degree of conversion increases with increasing temperature.
Nabertherm has countered this trend by revision of its 3000 °C laboratory furnace series. Improvements in insulation structure in combination with an increased heating power have resulted in faster heat up speeds and extended service life. The two available graphite heated cold wall retort furnaces (models SVHT ... / 30-GR) offer a useful space of 2 or 9 liters, making them suitable for both R & D as well as for the production of small quantities.